Who I work with
Professionals who have centered their lives around exploring being human and wish to share their wisdom with others. This can include:
- non-fiction authors
- social scientists
What my editing can do for the people I work with:
I help these professionals to make their written work strong and accessible to their intended audience, as well as polish their words for publishing. I can help you:
- Align with your audience so they fully understand and find the heart in your message.
- Expand empathy and human connection to relate best with your reader.
- Sharpen your ideas so they shine.
- Polish sentence flow to smooth your reader’s experience.
- Avoid potential sore spots that might turn your reader away.
- Do a final pass on those last nit-picky details to deliver the writing you dreamed of.
Go here for more about my philosopy about editing.
What you can expect to pay:
Your estimate will be based on many factors, including:
- levels of editing
- number of words
- number of editing rounds
- flexibility of timeline
- degree of specialization
- number of citations & endnotes
Prices can range, on average, from $100 for a blog post to $3,900 or more for a book.
Based on a consultation and a sample of your work, I will send you a precise estimate before you commit to working with me.
How to get started:
Feel free to contact me any time with your questions. If it sounds like we would be a good fit for working together, we’ll talk about your project’s purpose, audience, approximate number of words, and timeline. I’ll also ask you to send me a chapter of your book, or a portion of your project, to get a feel for your style and for how I can best help you.
Shortly after I’ve received your sample, I’ll send you a proposal.
Once we agree on terms and timelines, I’ll get started!